Over 50 Years of Innovation
With over 50 years experience in the vinyl replacement window industry, Thermal Windows & Doors has developed an extensive line of high quality, energy efficient windows that have helped millions of homeowners to live more comfortably.
As one of the pioneers in the design and manufacture of insulating replacement windows and patio doors, Thermal Windows & Doors has taken this knowledge and expertise a step further to develop new and innovative products, many of which are industry firsts.
Over 50 Years of Replacement Window and Home Improvement Product Innovations
- It all began in the early 1960′s, when Thermal Windows & Doors introduced America to the first custom-vinyl replacement window. Late 1960′s, Thermal developed an insulating glass vinyl replacement window with a tilt-in sash design for easy cleaning.
- Late 1970′s, Thermal introduced the first custom bow and bay window designs.
- Next, Thermal captured the distinct textured look of stained glass in our insulating glass units with the DreamGlas® Gallery Collection, enabling homeowners to add a unique, decorative flair to their homes.
- In the mid-1990′s, Thermal Windows & Doors incorporated their custom vinyl window and door systems into an insulating, polystyrene wall system to create the DreamspacE Patio Enclosure System.
- Also in the mid-90s, Thermal took a giant step into the outdoor products market with the innovative vinyl Dream Deck and Dream Rail Systems. These systems introduced homeowners to the world of Barefoot FriendlyTM and maintenance-free deck surfaces.
- The new millennium began for Thermal Windows & Doors with the creation of the ASPECT (Advanced Structural Performance Engineering Technology) family of double hung window products. The design of parallel I-beam frame construction and enhanced water management create a system that exceeds NFRC and AAMA standards for air and water infiltration.
- Most recently, Thermal Windows & Doors introduced a new product family featuring Thermal’s sound abatement technology, Silent Guard®.
- Today, Thermal is part of the Atrium Family of Brands. Together, these companies make Atrium the largest manufacturer of vinyl and aluminum windows and patio doors in North America, producing 4.5 windows and patio doors every second, every day of the year.